Society is becoming increasingly digitised, with many aspects of everyday life moving into the digital realm and making it easier to function with great efficiency. We see new applications with innovative purposes, websites designed to satisfy the digital user as much as possible. Producers and developers of computer games strive to create virtual entertainment to maximise the requirements of the potential player.
What is UX research?
In the continuous improvement of digital products, it is extremely important to know user preferences. The best method of evaluation is UX research. Usability studies are a method of evaluating digital products, interfaces, websites, mobile applications and other solutions from the user’s perspective. They aim to understand the overall experience in relation to the use of a product, service, interface. UX refers to the overall experience a user has when interacting with a solution, not just the technical or usability aspects. UX testing focuses on the user’s subjective feelings, emotions and satisfaction when using the product. UX usability testing is a key element in the design and improvement of products and services.
Usability research can involve multiple stages depending on the product specification, technology and purpose. It is important to understand under what conditions and context users will use the final product. This can be answered by gaining knowledge about their preferences. An extremely important element during usability studies is the emotional component that arises during interaction with a product. The use of neuromarketing techniques in combination with qualitative or quantitative techniques guarantees the acquisition of complementary data providing a complete overview of product usability. By analysing the visual pathway, it is possible to discover how respondents navigate through a website, for example, and then verify the choices they make. The evaluation of sensory stimuli will determine which colours, shapes, sounds, textures are most appropriate for the user. This allows for the design of more satisfying and attractive solutions that meet user expectations and needs. UX research is an integral part of the design process and can help create more user-centred and effective products.
Advantages of UX research
- Increase in the actual usability of the product. UX research identifies problems and difficulties that users may encounter when using the product. This allows designers to adapt the user interface, features and content to make the product more intuitive and easy to use.
- User satisfaction. Improving usability and the quality of the user experience translates into increased user satisfaction. Satisfied users are more likely to use the product, recommend it to others and remain loyal customers.
- Increased competitiveness. Products with better UX can provide a competitive advantage in the market. Companies that invest in UX research can create more attractive and competitive solutions.
- Better personalisation. UX research helps to explore user needs, goals and preferences, which can lead to a better understanding of users.
- Support for design decisions. UX research provides data on which to base design and strategic decisions, resulting in better quality products and company strategies.
User experience research helps designers, marketers and product owners to better understand what users think and feel when using a product. This allows them to design more satisfying and attractive solutions that meet users’ expectations and needs. UX research is an integral part of the design process and can help create more user-centred and effective products.